Health and Safety
UPDATE: September 17, 2021
The health and safety of all in-person conference attendees is our top priority. We will continue to monitor the provincial government’s guidelines and work with the hotel, exhibitors, and members to do our best to maintain a safe environment for all those in attendance.
The AAO will be following the provincial government’s guidelines. To attend AAO’s Banff CE Conference in-person you will need to:
1. Show proof of double vaccination (note that for a transitional period, proof of a single dose would be considered acceptable as long as the dose was given on or before October 8, 2021.) OR
2. Have proof of a privately-paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service (tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not allowed) OR
3. Have documentation of a medical exemption and a negative PCR or rapid test as noted in #2 above.
For Alberta residents, we recommend printing or taking a screenshot of the government issued proof of vaccine card that will be available on September 19. To understand how to access your vaccine records, visit the Alberta covid-19 vaccine site.
Safety Steps Being Take
At this point in time, we will also be implementing these additional steps:
1. Masks must be worn in CE sessions and the hallways. Please note that at the Showcase Luncheon, Member Mixer and the Awards Luncheon, masks must be worn except when seated/standing to eat or drink.
2. Mask requirements for the hotel is also at the hotel’s discretion and we encourage you to be mindful and abide by their requests as they will also be following government guideline
3. Hand sanitizing stations will be prominently dispersed throughout the AAO conference area.
4. We are working with the hotel to ensure enhanced cleaning and frequency throughout the AAO conference.
5. Each delegate will receive a PPE Kit (reusable cotton mask, no-touch tool with stylus, and gel sanitizer) with their conference badge. Extra pocket size sanitizer bottles will also be available.
6. A "traffic light" system will be in place to help you determine your colleagues' level of comfort with greetings: "hug” – green dot," "fist bump/handshake” – yellow dot," or "wave from afar” – red dot." These dots will be on the conference badges.
We want to ensure all who attend the conference will be safe while doing so within the rules provided to us by government and related bodies.
Thank You to Our Top-Tier Conference Sponsors!