The AAO offers various levels of membership to accommodate your needs:
Full Membership offers the most extensive benefits for practicing optometrists in Alberta.
- A voice in legislative affairs
- Public information materials and aids
- Group plans offering special rates
- Regional meetings and workshops
- AAO annual general meeting
- Professional communication
- AAO vision care programs
- Member manuals
- Online resources
- Membership with the Canadian Association of Optometrists
Benefits of becoming an Affiliate member include:
- Appropriate association correspondence and information
- Attendance at AAO events and functions at full member cost
- Electronic AAO Newsletters
- Access to various resources on the AAO website
Benefits for enrolling in the Optometric Staff Program include:
- Access to the AAO Member only website.
- Discounted conference fee.
- Electronic AAO Publications.
- Opportunity to provide articles for newsletters, help out at conferences, suggest speakers and/or topics for conference.
(780) 451-6824 ext 233
For more information on AAO memberships or
if you wish to apply for membership in the AAO,
please contact Tina
Arsenault at the AAO office:
1-800-272-8843 ext 233 (within Alberta)