Optometric Assistant (190797)
Deerfoot City Optometry - Calgary, AB
We are looking to hire a self-motivated optometric assistant and sales associate to join our full-scope optometric practice in Calgary. The ideal candidate can work 3 to 5 days per week, including some Saturdays (and evening hours on Wednesdays).
At Deerfoot City Optometry, we take pride in our commitment to provide excellent eyecare to our patients. Our perfect reviews on Google show that our patients appreciate the attention and care we provide to each person. We work with independent eyewear companies to provide quality, affordable products that fit the unique needs of our clientele. We offer a very supportive and friendly work environment for staff and doctors. Visit our website (www.deerfootcityoptometrists.com) and Facebook page (@DeerfootCityOptometryCalgary) to learn more about us.
Administrative and Clinical Responsibilities
- Greeting and directing patients
- Actively managing patient recalls and scheduling appointments
- Managing the practice's online presence as needed (e.g., google reviews, Facebook, etc)
- Recording and updating patient records
- Administering clinical pre-tests prior to eye exam
- Maintaining the Electronic Medical Records system.
- Processing patient invoices and filing insurance billings
- Educating and assisting patients with eyewear offerings (frames and lens)
- Placing orders with lens vendors and navigating online ordering systems
- Dispensing glasses to patients, as needed
- Adjusting eyeglasses and perform repairs as needed
- Previous demonstrable experience in an optometry practice ideal
- Previous demonstrable sales/retail experience ideal
- Keen eye for fashionable eye-wear and appreciation of patients' unique styles/preferences
- Ability to multitask and maintain a positive outlook when busy
- Experience and/or ease working with diverse clientele
- Ability to consistently deliver exceptional patient/customer experience
- Friendly, positive, upbeat, and agreeable personality
- Ability to work well with others in a small team environment
- Hardworking, diligent, organized, and punctual
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems (experience with Optosys is a strong asset).
- Experience with Alberta Blue Cross, TELUS, and other insurance portals considered an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ease working with computers and navigating the web
- Ability to work with basic office software, including Word, Excel, and PDF.
- Willingness and ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly and effectively
Please send resume to: email@example.com