Optometry Care as of May 4
The Alberta Government has issued a directive to allow optometry clinics to offer routine eye exams in addition to urgent, critical and emergency care services as of Monday, May 4, 2020.
Your optometric clinic will have safety protocols in place that must be followed. In booking an appointment, the clinic staff will ask important screening questions and will advise you of the safety requirements and procedures in the clinic. All patient related equipment is sanitized between patients and safety shields have been placed on examination equipment that requires close contact.
You can help by following below:
1. Patients should call their optometrist prior to going to an optometric clinic.
2. Attend your scheduled appointment with only those individuals who are required to assist you with your appointment.
3. You will be required to sanitize your hands as you enter the clinic.
4. If you choose to wait in your vehicle until your optometrists is ready for your appointment, please call the clinic when you arrive to let them know you are available.
5. Maintain physical distancing of 2 meters (6 feet).
6. Ask for assistance with trying eye glass frames, as these are sanitized after each use.
7. Ask for assistance with your product needs. Staff can safely make product available for you.
Thank you for your assistance in helping to keep us all healthy!